Date: Nov., 2001
Questions on Optics(Lot on instruments; No formulae),Orthoptics and clinical Ophthalmology. I did 240
1. Vision chart 5 names given
3. HFT chart ; What is this?What does it show?
Where is the lesion?
It showed bitemporal hemianopia, denser inferiorily; Optic chiasma lesion. Igave three DD
4. Two charts of VEP: what investigation is this?Describe how this is performed?
Arden indices were highlighted Tracing 1 -244%
Was asked to comment on these
5. CT scan - Axial and coronal viewsWhat investigation is this?
6. Hess chart : It showed R lateral rectus palsy.What is this investigation?
7. USS Ascan and B scanWhat is this ?
Most of the Examiners were friendly and did try to help us. Two of them were not very helpful. They mainly wanted to see if we were familiar with the common examination techniques.
I got a 52 year old staff nurse who was very cooperative ; which is very helpful when trying to do the subjective .3 prism dioptre base up R eye