Communications skills - patient with glaucoma - Referred from stable
clinic to consultant clinic but Delayed appointment. Discuss
progression, adding new drops specifically beta blocker - patient
anxious about side effects.
2. high myope presenting with distortion - DD - Shown FFA then OCT -
asked to describe - Myopic CNVM - asked about clinical trials in the
area and treatment options
3. 4 year old with XT - - new referral - how to approach the case (
told half way through - no orthoptic/nursers around so you need to do
everything) - how to manage - no getting better with glasses - what
next - would you operate once VA stable?
4. Vague scenario - hemifacial pain and visual obscurations - discuss
Then shown a picture of the patient and told they were in a recent car
accident experiencing whiplash - obvious picture of Horners - asked to
discuss the management and likely source for the pathology -
5. Patient with advance ADM referred with mild cataracts - how do you
approach bringing the patient into the clinic room - discussion of SSI,
what benefits you get..
6. AMD - AREDS trial in detail. JIA - screening guidelines and